leaking

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. M

Wanting to patch a Bathtub Wastewater Pipe Severed at Joint

Hi. I'm wondering if it's possible to patch 2 pieces of wastewater pipe back together via some sort of tape or mesh with epoxy or something along those lines. Not sure if this severed because of corroded threads or because it was patched to begin with (assuming the black is some sort of tape)...
  2. D

Kitchen sink disposal leak and no more normal drainage

Hi, My garbage disposal has been leaking for a while now. And today, I tried to "pump" the water in the left sink to let the drainage go faster, but it made the disposal worse. Now the water in my left sink just goes to the right sink, and and goes through the disposal's leakage. I am not...
  3. A

Why is my shower head leaking?

I have installed 2 brand new shower heads on the same shower and both leaked, which leads me to believe something else is going on. It leaks out of the the shower head holes, not any connections. Any suggestions on what might be the problem? I just recently installed a new Delta 1400...
  4. C

Ideas on sharkbite leaking at same point?

I am attempting to use sharkbite connections on a 3/4” pex line with a 3/4” that allows passthrough to a 4 port 1/2”closed manifold at the passthrough and a 3/4” pex to braided hot water connection. i am consistently getting a drip leak at the first point of the 3/4” tee. All other connections...
  5. M

Cartridge Replacement with Shared Main

My tub faucet is dripping constantly (Delta from early 90's). I live in a condo with shared water main and supposed to ask the HOA to notify the neighbors before shutting off the water. So I would like to find out the replacement cartridge's part/model number and purchase it beforehand to keep...
  6. S

Pipe Patch Kits

Hi, I was wondering whether any plumber's use or like using pipe repair kits that come with an epoxy and silicone wrap for repairing leaky pipes? Is this more of a DIY product or does it actually get used by professionals? Do you tend to repair pipes or patch them up when they're corroded etc...
  7. K

Why this PVB is leaking ?

I replaced 3 , new from shop, but same issue again and again. I tried 1 inch, zurn (don't remember model number ) as well as watts (800m4qt) PVBs. What is wrong I'm doing here . Why all PVBs are leaking from top ? By the water pressure is not more than 50 PSI.
  8. J

Help! Stupid question. Half inch Galvanized Pipe

Was just doing some work under my house and I accidentally started to loosen a galvanized pipe . Only about a quarter turn. Then I re-tightened it. Its a long stretch of pipe and I cant see the other connecting end. Can I expect this to leak now?
  9. C

Flapper replaced, still ghost flushes occasionally

My old flapper was leaking as I flushed, so I got it replaced. I've put a new flapper on the toilet (a Toto 3-inch), but occasionally when I flush it still won't form a tight seal so it'll leak. If I flush it again it usually fixes itself and seals properly. This only happens 30% of the time so...
  10. S

Single knob shower faucet leak. Need Help.

So I have a single knob shower faucet that is leaking bad. I dont see any brand name on it or any info at all. I want to fix it but have no clue on what part i need for the core. Also i removed the center screw from the handle and it doesn't come off. Could it just be stuck or is there something...
Back