fill valve

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. B

Disassembling a Fluidmaster 400ah or 400a Fill Valve

Hi, I am curious to know if a Fluidmaster 400 (a or ah) model Fill Valve can be totally disassembled (for cleaning)? (I've removed the cap and have let the water flush out the top area, although I'm still experiencing slow tank fill time. The bowl fills at normal speed. Also, I've removed the...
  2. M

Toilet Fill Valve Issue?

Hi, Having a weird problem with my toilet. Sometimes when I flush it the flush becomes a bit anemic and the tank doesn't refill right away. If I look in the tank it is only half full. Then at some point later, maybe 15 min. or a couple of hours, 8 hours or even 24 hrs. I hear a loud sound...
  3. B

Broke my fill valve where it meets the float ball arm

While attempting to install a T-valve onto the base of my toilet for a bidet, I kept getting a leak at the join. No matter how much I tightened, it was still leaking. So I turned and turned and turned and--SNAP. The plastic piece of the fill valve connecting it to the float ball arm snapped, and...
  4. B

intermittent toilet running

Hi all I just replaced the fill valve in my toilet with a Fluidmaster 400a. Everything seemed fine at first. The tank would fill to about a half inch below the overflow tube and then stop. However, after a period of a few hours, I came back into the bathroom only to find the toilet running...
Back