drain

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. gerrg

Is a flex pipe okay for a shower drain in the P trap?

We had a contractor do our shower recently, and after several issues we're questionining more and more all the things where "this this is fine don't worry about it" essentially. One of these things is on the shower drain. The drain needed to be moved over about 1.5 ft or so. To do that, some...
  2. J

Identify Septic pipes!

Hello, I am ataching an image of our septic where it enters our home. Can someone please identify the pipes for me PLEASE!!. There is trap/vent with a orange cap on the far left. In the middle is the main line where our sink, shower and toilets drain into. The next two pipes on the right are...
  3. J

Tub Drain Question

Hello everyone, I am doing a remodel and have tied my new bath drain into a conveniently placed existing vent. Based on my research I thought it would be okay in this circumstance but am now questioning the setup and looking for a second or third opinion. The new bath drain ties into the...
  4. ned8675309

Shower drain pipe placement?

An assistant plumber decided to run the pipe through the wall, rather than taking the most direct line, which would be from the shower drain to the main drain in a straight shot. When we asked the head plumber why this was done, he said he didn't know. Because we are forbidden to cut into the...
  5. E

Tub Drain won’t unscrew

I have been working all day trying to get the old tub drain unscrewed. I tried everything I could find online, WD40, heat, I pulled the lip up and scrapped out as much of the putty as I could. The drain is old and does not have cross members but had two vertical indents so I put a pry bar in and...
  6. K

Adding a upstairs bathroom / kitchen sink help!!!!

First off I’m in the middle of nowhere in a 2 story shop house. First floor is set up with an apartment with a single bathroom and kitchen sink. I’m hoping to add a bathroom and kitchen sink upstairs. Existing plumbing as I can see is below I am unsure if there is any venting from the...
  7. B

dishwasher install with standpipe

I am working on installing a new dishwasher. The location of the install is also the location of an old washing machine (and not directly adjacent to the sink) so I was hoping to use the old dishwasher standpipe for the drain (1.5" pvc pipe). The top of the standpipe is just a few inches above...
  8. rob weaver

Kitchen Sink PVC line help.

Water is coming up at the top of the connection for a while now. What is needed to fix this? Water is where the brown crud is on top.
  9. CZap

Kitchen drain fitting help

Hi all, I’m changing my kitchen sink and need to adjust some drain piping. Before touching anything, I want to make sure putting the drain back does not become too complicated. In attached photos, I would like to get your thoughts if the connection pointed by arrow is threaded or cement? I know...
  10. shyitalian

Back water valves in bathroom floor?

We are putting in a bathroom in our basement and our contractor installed two new back water valves in the floor of the bathroom. I'm concerned that the access covers to these valves are going to screw up the look of the bathroom floor since they are right in the entrance to the bathroom. Any...
  11. Q

Drum Trap Replacement

Hello Everyone, My bathtub is draining SUPER slow and it's becoming quite an annoyance. I do think it's the drum trap that is going bad. My house was made in 1956 so I'm certain it's as old as it as well. I'm wondering if I replace the drum trap with a standard p trap, would that clear up the...
  12. P

Shower Pan to Waste Pipe dilemna

I have a Manufactured Home. Yanked out a rotten broken old tub and am replacing with a Lyons Shower Pan and Wall Wrap. The pan requires a 3" Drain, and my homes waste pipe is 2" ABS. Heres my Issue, i can't access the pipes from under the house, or from the sides, its a Back Center Drain and I'm...
  13. Jmccrohan

Does this drain meet code?

Hey guys. I’m the carpenter on this job and needed to get the sink going in this bathroom but the plumber wasn’t available yet. So I installed the drain and I’m just curious if it would pass inspection. I’m in Massachusetts if that makes a difference. The trap is attached to a male threaded...
  14. T

Small Drain is clear but if water covers the hole fast enough it won't drain. If slowly water comes in it creates a siphon.

I have a drain with a 1/4in opening and hose attached it is at a 90 degree angle. My problem is the drain will not work if water enters the channel very quickly and covers the hole completely. I have noticed that there will be a pool of water in front of the drain sometimes and will not drain...
  15. rob weaver

Fiberglass tub drain keeps leaking...

I've got a Fiberglass tub, cannot get the gasket to seal at the drain. Keeps leaking from below, thus cause our floor to rot underneath. Seems like the drain opening isn't level. Is there any way to fix this? Would sanding or JB WaterWeld work?
  16. D

Shower drain problems

The pvc pipe for our shower drain is too high for the Kerdi floor/drain combination we are trying to install. Anyone have any recommendations on how to remove and replace this pipe with a shorter one? Or any tools or devices to cut down the existing pipe. It’s in the second floor with no access...
  17. D

How to remove shower drain

So I’ve gotten this far, castle nut removed and to the rubber seal. The shower pan acts like it’s still attached. Could anyone help me with what I need to do now to get this thing out? Thanks in advance
  18. M

Discharge pump slope

I am installing a drain pipe for 3 pedicure chairs. The each chair has a drain pump installed. The main drain pipe is 10 feet long. Does the main drain pipe have to be sloped at 1/4 inch per foot? And if so how can I make this slope with out lifting the chair 2 1/2 inches? This is a basement and...
  19. MrJeff

Changing Bathroom Fittings

Bath tub drain has corroded away and is now leaking between the tub and the entire drain body. Plans are to buy new drain insert, replace the pull and turn with the touch toe, and while I'm at it I figured I would re-do and seal the handle and trim behind it, as it's not looking good and is...
  20. M

Laundry Room - Washer drain and vent

Hi, I am in the process of planning a remodel of my laundry room. Currently the water for the washer is supplied from a tee under the sink and the washer drains directly into the sink. I would like to replace the tub sink with a cabinet/countertop/sink and install a washing machine outlet box in...
Back