valve

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. leonardomr

Fix Valve Leaking

Hey guys, The valve that goes to my washing machine is leaking when I open it. The leak comes from the black arrow in the image. I would like to know if the part circled in red is a nut that I can tighten to solve the problem. Note: I tried but that piece didn't move (maybe I need to apply more...
  2. G

Help replacing ball valves

Greetings Folks. I'm a DIY guy who needs to replace a couple faulty ball valves. I've never done this job. The valves are brass Legend brand, model T-1000, attached to half inch PVC pipes. The pipes are hot and cold water for my bathtub. See photos. I'd like to buy replacement valves and have...
  3. J

Is this water valve open or closed position

Hello, I am uploading two images...i think this is shut off for the outside faucet, i am not 100% sure....i am hoping it is. I need to shut it off for the winter. I have lived in this house for 6 years, never done it and knock on wood, no issues yet. Just learned i needed to have it shut off for...
  4. S

Shower Valve Troubles

I'm having a problem with my moen posi temp shower valve. So I have a tankless water heater, im in the process of fixing the elements right now so i can't actually test for hot water, but I can turn the water back on. I replaced the shower valve as it was giving me issues. Here's the problem...
  5. rob weaver

Shower faucet line help.

Ok, I know it looks bad lol. I can't remember what type of metal connector was used on the 2 line behind tube. Looks like a washer and screw on fitting. I've ran new pex and cut offs up to it but need new connectors. PLEASE HELP.
  6. Khalin Mccabe

Shower valve remove

Hi I am replacing a shower valve that is giving issue I was only problem is I haven't seen one like this one and can't figure out where to begin removal has anyone here seen this and how did you get around it?
  7. solidcell

Help identifying a supply shut off valve

I was shutting off the water supply via the shut-off valves shown (circled in red) in order to replace the shower valve cartridge. However, they're in pretty bad shape and leaking a bit as I was turning them to the off position. I need to find replacement stems for them, but I'm not sure how to...
  8. adriangg

What Model is this Ball Valve?

I'm wondering if anyone recognizes this ball valve brand. I'd really want to avoid installing a new valve just for not having a handle :( I've included a few pictures to help visualize this. This is the main-water ball valve that didn't have the handle when I bought the place. However, I've...
  9. M

DIYer - Best way to replace leaky valve on end of polybutylene line?

PHOTO The valve on the end of a polybutylene line is leaking and the valve won't come off (I tried dousing the entire thing in WD40, won't budge). I did some research and it seems I can use a "Shark Bite" on the end of the line but it also seems that many plumbers are against using "Shark...
  10. V

Shower Valve ID

Hi ! Can I have some help to identify this Shower Valve? The handle broke. And can't seem to find anything similar at my locals plumbing shops. Nothing on the handle or cover plate. Thanks for any help!
  11. M

Remove and clean shower valve

I’m looking to remove and clean the filter on my shower valve. Is it difficult to remove and put back? Any advice appreciate thanks.
  12. N

Pump Repair Referral Request

Where do people go to get pumps fixed. Does this site have some folks that are stand up folks willing to fix a diaphragm and see what they can do about a screw hole on the square motor/pump connection flange. I love this pump it runs no problem except for steady light running of water under the...
  13. A

Does this valve need replaced or just tightened?

I have a leaky radiator valve in my house. I've tried just tightening up the nut, but I'm really struggling to move it. Just wondering if tightening is all that's needed or did this valve need replaced? Hopefully it's clear from the photos that there is a lot of black oxidisation on the valve...
  14. B

Question regarding replacement of Superior 3/4” brass sprinkler valve

Hi, I called my gardener when one of the valves in the front yard started leaking. He replaced the top part with Superior brand, and charged $150. I’m not handy, so I can’t do this myself. I’m in Los Angeles. Does that price seem reasonable? Thanks in advance, Bonnie
  15. Y

Engine sound after flushing toilet

Hard to describe the noise but my toilet makes this engine sound after I flush. It doesn’t sound like foghorn or hissing to me but please have a listen the video I posted. I found some videos on YouTube which suggested this could be from vibration noise from toilet water valve due to air...
  16. B

How do I replace this???

Homeowner here, I'm NOT a plumber, but I was hoping I could find someone on a forum to help me as I've had high success rates in the past with this. Please see attached pictures. So one morning I was taking a shower, and the handle straight up snapped off. This is what I am left with. I could...
  17. J

Help figure out what shower trim we need?

We are selling our home and need to install the trim for our shower. I called and sought local help, no one seems to know. We renovated the shower a year ago but didn't keep the trim or think to replace the value. I don't want to have to remove and replace the tile. Does anyone have any idea...
  18. webmonk

Water Dripping From Shower Head

I've read what I could about this topic and have made a number of changes but still have the problem. I am renovating a house and one of the showers I ran 1/2" PEX from the valve to the shower head. When I turned on the tub faucet it would drip quite a lot from the shower head. I never...
  19. J

How do I turn off these valves?

I'm trying to shut off the sink so I can fix the leaky faucet.... but these valves on this particular sink are different than all the others in my house. Picture 1 looks like you'd turn it 90 and it would shut off, however it just spins in circle. So I thought maybe it was a push pull but as you...
  20. F

Tankless Water Heater Valve Kit/Plumbing Help (Texas)

Another one of the millions affected by the freeze down here in Texas. Have not been able to get a plumber out and cannot get moved back into our house until we get this issue repaired. We drained all the water lines before the freeze so we were fortunate to avoid any broken pipes. However, we...
Back