tub spout

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Kritter3

Old tub spout replacement

Looking to replace this old tub spout with a modern one. I am hesitant to do it because of the age of the plumbing and no access to the area behind. I just don’t know what I’m getting into in terms of what I have to attach to. Anyone seen a spout like this and can provide insight?
  2. O

Spout Recommedation

My bathtub spout broke off last night. I was attempting to screw it closer to the wall since there has always been a gap, and it snapped. It was a basic diverting tub spout. The nipple is 3/4", threaded and its length protrudes 1.75" from the wall. All the replacement options seem to need a...
  3. V

Need advice on how to remove a difficult older tub spout

Hi there, this is my first time posting here , hopefully you can help me with my issue. I am trying to remove an old tub spout. I have watched many videos and they talk of the different versions, well this one looks to be a possible pin version, but the pin is becoming very hard to remove. I...
  4. E

Replacing old tub spout

I have a badly corroded, leaky tub spout that I want to replace. I have zero plumbing experience but it seems this should be a simple task. The existing spout has a hole at the base which would indicate a set screw, however when I look up there I don't see any screws. It looks like the previous...
  5. K

Removal of a Tub Spout that’s Older than Me

Hello all! I recently decided to take on the job of replacing the shower fixtures (save for the shower head) in my grandparents’ guest bathroom. The house was built in 1984 and still has its Delta 600 series shower handle and all. I’ve done my research and gotten all of my tools and materials...
  6. T

tub spout does not seem secure

House was built in 2001, so before sharkbites, I believe, ut the tub spout can be moved to the left or right as if it were attached with a shark bite. But its not a sharkbite. The tub spout is attached to the normal 1/2" copper stub, but if you grab the spout it can be moved from side to...
Back