Hold harmless,and other fun waiver forms

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PP1

Reaction score
Hello all
Do any of you have seperate forms,"hold harmess" or any other property damage waiver forms attached or built into your contracts,that protect your buisness from incurring the costs of any damage from flooding or backups? If so,please enlighten!

I would recommend contacting an attorney in your area who handles writing such forms as you wouldn't want to write a waiver that violates customer rights. Some of the waivers I've seen over the years are proprietary, as seen in the fine print at the bottom of the contracts, because they were paid for to be created.

Reactions: PP1
you can write all the wavers you wish, but if your work is the cause of property damage a waver does not mean a tinkers damn

they tried that crap on my brother in laws mother in law.

said she signed a no sue clause when she signed her contract, it was buried in the small writing
her lawyer laughed and made them pay damages and lawyers/ court fees

I would recommend contacting an attorney in your area who handles writing such forms as you wouldn't want to write a waiver that violates customer rights. Some of the waivers I've seen over the years are proprietary, as seen in the fine print at the bottom of the contracts, because they were paid for to be created.

Ive been searching around lately,(googled hold harmless, plumbing) and lots of big big companies have very crafty hold harmless forms,waiving the company from any mold or water damadge,cables getting stuck in lines etc, i do understand there is or may be a conflict of interest,BUT,ive witnessed first hand from a customer of mine who got shafted by another company; took the company to court,and low and behold on the invoice it said something to the effect of completely waiving their right to sue,the case was thrown right out,customer got nothing because of it. Just wondering if and what anyone else is using and the effectiveness

Last edited:
I know here in CA state laws override any hold harmless letter. If the law says you are giving a 1 year warranty then you are giving a 1 year warranty whether you like it or not.

Reactions: PP1
Thank you plumbing forums for all your advice and please share more insight as you see fit. Let me set the stage,,,,, one guy,one license,a c36,a van, im doing all the work myself,just trying to protect myself.

Latest posts

Back