No water in shower and tub but water everywhere else in the house

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozboi

Reaction score
I was heading out the garage and I heard something leaking.

Sure enough it is the water heater.

It was just replaced about a year and a half or so. It is an AO Smith brand.

I turned off the water heater water shut off valve, and called my warranty company.

The service guy came out to diagnose and he said it needs to be replaced.

So I try to take a shower and no water in both showers and both tubs (they are both upstairs) but water everywhere else in the house (all toilets, all faucets).

What is going on?

If you dont allow water to go in, you wont have water going out. If you are replacing the w/h, just flip open the TPR valve. It will allow the water to come out without suction.

If you dont allow water to go in, you wont have water going out. If you are replacing the w/h, just flip open the TPR valve. It will allow the water to come out without suction.

I am replacing the water heater but not until Monday.

What is the TPR valve?

Sorry I am new to this.

I just checked the TPR valve and it is standing up position

problem solved...i just disconnected the flex house from cold water and attached to the other side... thanks!

For those who are confused because the did not understand the question.

He turned off the water heater and the water going to it.
I am going to presume he was trying to take a shower with cold water only because he turned off the hot.
Pressure balance valve would not allow that because of No pressure on the hot side to balance out the valve.

He solved it by connecting the cold supply to water heater to the hot supply from, thus providing the balance of pressure to the valve.

Latest posts

Back