Toliet Bubbles

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wannabeteacher85

Reaction score
Greetings! I live down in Louisiana and am having a weird toilet problem. We are on city sewer system. One of our toilets is doing something odd. Only when it rains the toilet does not flush very fast. Simply fills up with water and then slowly goes down and always has a few bubbles up. If it is just a little rain it will flush fine but still have bubbles. When their is no rain at all it flushes fine with no bubbles but the toilet bowl does not seem to fill as high as a normal toilet. Now here is what I have done to try and fix the problem:

1. Used a very good plunger and went crazy on it.
2. Tried using liquid fire acid on it.
3. Used a toilet rotating auger on it.
4. Lifted the toilet and did a 25ft rotating auger on it. The auger went all the way to where I could see it through the clean out pipe outside and I had no resistance. Put the toilet back down with a brand new wax ring.
5. Went on roof and looked in vent but couldn't see anything but sprayed it with a power washer anyway.
6. Ran the auger through the clean out pipe towards the toilet and away from the toilet.
7. Tried a plumed bladder in the clean out away from toilet.

No fix. We do live very close to a water canal which fills up when it rains. Any ideas? The toilet is probably about 15 years old as well. New toilet maybe?

New toilet will not fix your problem. When your toilet flushes the way you describe, you have a blockage in your drain pipe. May be related to rainwater back-up, maybe not. No way to tell over the internet.

Told them. They came out and lietterly just opened the clean out pipe and looked in it. JUST LOOK! And they said their was no water in it and said their was nothing they could do.....

Latest posts

Back