Toilet bowl level too low

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

veidtmeister

Reaction score
I've read elsewhere that aside from adjusting the fill valve, there is no way to adjust the water level in the bowl.
The target area is far too small, and replacing the fill valve didn't change a thing.
The waters up to the fill line in the tank, but the bowl level remains low.
It's not a two flush system, and it's older, so I don't think it's a low flow toilet.

I'm currently unaware of the model or brand of toilet, and have requested help with that in the thread "identify my toilet please".

I'm stuck, and unsure how to proceed

Yes, it's connected.

I figured out that it's a universal Rundle Corp 4490 1.5
Which I assume means a 1.5 gal flush

So irs not a low flow toilet, just can't figure why the target area/water level is so low?

The tank is filled almost to the top of the fill pipe, and I've poked around under the rim with a cot hanger. I'm lost.

Last edited:
Not all toilets have a big water "spot". Not even 1.5 gal. flush. It's why I like the toto.

When regulations began calling for less water usage, toilet manufacturers had a problem meeting them at first.

Maybe after the bowl has filled, pour water down the overflow tube. If the level rises and holds, there may be a restriction in the fill valve.

Back