One toilet's flush removes water from other toilet bowl

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwheeler353

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have an ongoing issue with my house where one toilet is flushed and the water from the toilet in the bathroom a few feet away gets sucked out. I have checked that the vent is open through the roof and suspect it is a piping issue. I am currently remodeling of the bathrooms and I have gained access to more of the piping and I have attached a drawing below in hopes that someone will be able to point me in the right direction to correct this.

Thanks in advance for your advice,

Brian

toilets.JPG

So If i could tie in the vent between the two toilets rather than the way it is currently installed that would resolve the issue.

Before you go adding vents or anything like that, lets ask a few more questions. Is this a new problem or something that has always been there? If it's a new problem, then you probably have a clog in the drain line somewhere (possibly the stack). If you have access and could take a photo we would have a better idea as to what the cause could be if it's not a clog. I would consider it a rare occurrence if a single flush on a 4" stack would pull a trap on another toilet, but anything is possible.

Latest posts

Back