~~~~> Shower Heads

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silence820

Reaction score
Here is my situation

I live in mexico city mexico, where we do not have water pleasure like in the states. My house has a main water line coming in that leads to a cistern under the house, then the water is pumped to the roof where it is held in a water tower, similar to the ones on some buildings in NYC. From there the water is gravity fed on the cold side through the house. On the hot side, cold water comes in ¾ tube to a water pump, from the pump to a tank-less auto ignition (pilot less) water heater. The line is then reduced to ½ tube.

Here is my problem;

When we try to use a water saving shower head we have 1 of two problems;

1. The water is being restricted so much that the water gets too hot to take a shower. (opening the cold water makes the water hotter, strange I know).
2. Not enough water is passing through the hot water heater for the sensor to send the signal to ignite the gas. (sometimes when using the sink in the bathroom I have to turn on the shower for the hot water heater to come on.)

My question is what can I do to use a water saving shower head? My water bill has doubled since I to return to normal flow shower head.

thanks

First problem could be solved by a check valve on the hot but it seems that your hot could be passing by the valve because it might be super heating. Not sure if you can do anything to fix the water pressure.

Latest posts

Back