Unknown shower cartridge

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireBird34

Reaction score
I have a suspected bad single lever shower cartridge. I am having issues identifying it though, as there are no markings. I was hoping someone might have an idea, or point me in the right direction? I've talked to a couple of local hardware stores with no luck, and viewed all the cartridges at http://arpny.com/singlelever.html. I could be having a blind moment with it actually being listed there, however I've looked twice now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_0032.jpg

We always have better luck identifying the cartridges if they are pulled out and pictures of the top, bottom and sides ate taken.

Reactions: SHR
We need pics of the cartridge you would like help identifying. Your pic does not show the cartridge.

Thanks for replying. The problem I have with the removal right now, is I don't know how to do it without wrecking something. Looking at it, I need a special tool to help, but I don't know what type..? Am I better off just forcing it all out, and dealing with what's left after? Thanks.

Thanks for replying. The problem I have with the removal right now, is I don't know how to do it without wrecking something. Looking at it, I need a special tool to help, but I don't know what type..? Am I better off just forcing it all out, and dealing with what's left after? Thanks.

Never force it if you're not sure how it is put together.
I would say the chrome cap is holding the cartridge in. Use a strap wrench to remove it so you don't scratch it all up.

Most of that plastic you see may not even be part of the cartridge assembly.
That might just be hardware for the scald guard or to control how the handle turns. You see the light blue section with splines? that could be any one of these or other similar cartridges. These were snipped from your link to arpny.com, by the way is a nice reference I have never used before. THANKS

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.JPG

4.jpg

I'm out of town for a couple days, but I will see what I can do when I get back, and let you know. Thanks

Latest posts

Back