Continuous Flow Pump System w/ Cistern

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stingraybz

Reaction score
Hello All! I would certainly appreciate an educated answer to my question and want to thank you in advance for your input!!
I am installing a continuous pump water pressure system. It is located to the back of the property where the 500 gal water cistern is. It is filled by the city water with super low pressure. Before the line gets to the cistern, I am sure it T's off at a couple different areas of that line that feed the various faucets and such before it gets to the cistern. In other words, the water supply does not go straight to the cistern then back out to the house. This leads me to my question...can I still install the pump from the outflow of the cistern and tie it back into the same line with a check valve located in between and also a check valve where the water comes into the property from the meter? Note: on occasion when I turn off the city water at the meter, then open the ball valve on the cistern, water flows to all faucets and fixtures. My thought is that the booster will pressurize the line in it's entirety then. I think it would logically work and may be just over thinking this but I wanted to check with ya'all as Pros first just to make sure.

Back