Dolina Modern Bathroom Toilet installation help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good evening,

I am writing here in this forum tonight as I am in need of some advice in regards to installing a toilet.

I purchased the following toilet with the below specifications:
Dolina Modern Bathroom Toilet
Toilet Specifications:

•Soft Close Toilet Seat
•One Piece Toilet
•S Trap: 12" Rough In
•Eco Friendly
•Dual Flush Toilet (1.6 Gallon Full Flush/ 0.8 Gallon Half Flush)
•Toilet Seat Height 17.5"
•FACTORY DIRECT PRICE
https://www.theinteriorgallery.com/pd-dolina-modern-one-piece-dual-flush-bathroom-toilet.cfm

Installing instructions on the following link:

https://www.theinteriorgallery.com/files/All-toilets-Installation.pdf

I have zero experience in installing toilets but decided to do the work myself while remodeling my house.
Below is the current picture of my main pipe where the old toilet was installed.
Note that there are two Johnny bolts by the side of the pipe and the Dolina toilet has the holes not on the same place as the old toilet, but towards the back.
The toilet itself came with only the parts that are displayed on the pictures below.
2 screws, caps, plastic washers and the plastic pieces. (sorry my terminology is not accurate, but you get the point.

1. Is this toilet European style and can it be installed on my house? I live in the USA
2. What kind of flange do I need ? As there are different types, universal, wax ring etc..
http://www.doityourself.com/stry/6-types-of-toilet-flanges-explained

3. The install instructions above show that I will need to drill holes in the floor and fix the toilet? Can this be done on my case? I went to a plumbing vendor and he said that he has never seen this kind of toilet and it required to drill holes on the porcelain toilet itself.

If you were on my situation what other parts from what I do not have will you need to purchase in order to install this toilet? What parts am I missing that I need to purchase?

Thank you in advance for your time and help

1.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Last edited:
Do not drill holes in the china toilet. You will destroy it.
I briefly looked at the direction but need more time to look at them more thoroughly.

No time now. Be patient and don't rush into it.
I will try to get back to you this weekend. I think the instruction are referring to more than one type of toilet installation and that is why there is some confusion. I don't think you need the side mount angle brackets, only the plastic anchors and bolts that came with the toilet.
you have 2 holes for mounting. I can't see the back but I think it is hollow and you reach in from the hollow back to set the screws into the anchors.

Thank you. Yes it has acces on the back for the screws. So far im waiting as i have to put tiles this weedend. Also need to figure out what else i need to purchase like flange type.

Those are kind of generic installation instructions. Not very specific to your toilet.

Ignore the layout instructions because the 2 hole you have to drill are not centered with the drain so those instructions are useless.

I also show a pipe sticking 10mm above floor.
You're not gonna get that either.

Is that wax still on the existing flange? Clean it off.
Your existing flange will probably be okay as is, but when you lay new tile it will actually be lower than the finished floor. Just double wax it.

Your biggest concern is getting the tile floor as flat and level as you can.
You want that beast of a toilet to sit flat with No rocking on uneven tile.
If it is a little uneven then you will have to shim it.

The one picture I have circled is not exactly what you will have because on yours there is a hollow spaces below the bolt holes so it won't be flush to floor like the picture I circled

zzz.jpg

xxx.jpg

Last edited:
3. The install instructions above show that I will need to drill holes in the floor and fix the toilet? Can this be done on my case? I went to a plumbing vendor and he said that he has never seen this kind of toilet and it required to drill holes on the porcelain toilet itself.

If you were on my situation what other parts from what I do not have will you need to purchase in order to install this toilet? What parts am I missing that I need to purchase?

Thank you in advance for your time and help

DO NOT Drill holes in the toilet.
you will need wax seal
plastic shims- maybe

set toilet in place and mark the 2 holes to drill in floor.
move toilet and drill holes. set the wax and install toilet.
eazy pezy

Thank you for the reply. I have not installed it yet but will try once the tiles are in place. Thanks again.

will do. have not put the tiles yet. as will paint first put tiles and then toilet.

I had to remove the old tiles as the previous owner had put tiles on top of tiles. Now i'm not sure if i need to put a wonderboard or just put the tiles directly to the wood surface that is under the current tiles.

Here is the finished product. Sorry for the delay but just found some time to work on this last week.
Picture below.

Thanks for the help.

unnamed.jpg

Latest posts

Back