Kitchen sink always clogged

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s_petrucci

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am wondering if I could get an expert advice from you guys here.

This is my sad story: a while ago I removed the garbage disposal thing from my sink as I replaced two of them (each above 100 dollars) since they start stinking and we don't use it anyways! I did this little plumbing job to connect the 2nd small sink (used by the garbage disposal unit) to the main sink.

I think after it (if it is not a coincidence) my sink gets clogged all the time.

I used liquid, then took the U trap apart and it seems to be clean. I also used the cable but it doesn't catch anything.

After each time it gets clogged I use a plunger and it drains down well... for a few minutes only. Then it starts again.

I am wondering if you guys could take a look at my pipe work and point me at the right direction, please...

Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers

20160822_231746.jpg

20160822_231705.jpg

20160822_231637.jpg

this is what i see, the existing fitting attached to the basket strainer, is a female x coupling fitting, it needs to be a female x fitting
this is a fitting adaptor, it fits inside another fitting
253076fa-a4dc-4411-b7f9-a0eebbb22d14_400.jpg

this is what you have, a regular adaptor, , useing the fitting adaptor will give you an extra 2'' of heigth
p101-015-1.jpg

20160822_231637.jpg

also, the drain for the disposal, move it to where shown,
reroute the drain line [green] loop up to bottom of cabinet, then over to new fitting.

to add to the green drain . insert a 2'' long copper pipe into end of tube attach another tupe to copper
tighten with hose clamp.

flood.jpg

Thanks heaps guys, very much appreciate it!! Now need to digest the information...

Latest posts

Back