Help - Toto Toilet wasting water? (VIDEO included!)

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanjg117

Reaction score
I have a Toto toilet that is working well, however over the past year, I have noticed it has been making a constant sound. (Almost like a recharging sound?) Also, when I flush it, it doesn't seem to refill at once, but in two-second increments that is, quite frankly, very annoying. I've also noticed a pretty dramatic increase in our water bill (almost $100 a month more) and I don't believe I have a leak elsewhere in the house. Do you think this could be the cause?

I've recorded a video of both the constant sound and the flush routine - check it out:
https://youtu.be/ufOj3Ka9-0c

I'm not much of a plumbing guru, so any help is most appreciated! Any idea if this is abnormal and what parts should be replaced? Thanks!

Yep!!

Replace the fill valve

get a water test gauge and check the water pressure.

Thanks to both of you. I was able to find a replacement fill valve cap for $6, and by following the instructions on a YouTube video, it was super easy to fix. Now the water replenishes at one time, and I don't hear the leaking anymore. Appreciate it!

Back