Please Help ID Shower Valve Stem

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brother_zin

Reaction score
I need to replace the spring/rubber seats on my shower handle valve stems. There is a handle for hot and one for cold. I do not see any identifying marks that would indicate the manufacturer. I have included pictures to assist.

There are not many true plumbing stores where I live and trying to find something from the big chain stores has not proved successful. I took a stab at some that 'looked' like they would fit, but they did not seat properly which prevented me from successfully reassembling the valve stem.

The closest thing that I can find (through some online references) is possibly a BrassCraft STD2619 (OEM Ref# 050-30), but I'm not convinced enough so I thought I would see if anyone here on the forum would be able to assist in identifying the stem so that I could find the appropriate replacement spring and rubber seat.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

angle.jpg

front.jpg

side.jpg

spring-rubber_seat.jpg

tape.jpg

valve_stem_seat.jpg

Sterling, possibly. Looks like a match here. A3270.

STE-A-3269.jpg

sterlingstem.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: SHR
OK folks, I have the same setup that is leaking. I removed the stem shown and I'm left with the white seat in the valve. I purchased the all brass replacement shown on the right....now, a couple of "after the fact" questions....

- do I simply "pull" the white seat out of the valve body?
- if yes, do I disassemble the new all brass stem to remove the seat and replace it in the valve body, before screwing in the stem?
- how in the heck does the stem screw in straight (i.e.. the "o" ring part is offset and I can't envision how the stem screws in straight).

Sorry...I'm clearly not a plumber.

Thanks for any advice.

CatPit1

sterlingstem.jpg

valve_stem_seat.jpg

STE-A-3269.jpg

hold the stem and only turn the bonnet as you screw it back in.

Much appreciated. So, Do I first pull out the white seat within the valve body? If yes, any suggestions for how I grab a hold of it?

The part on the new stem with the o-ring on the end is the part you left behind when you removed the old stem.
It's just a an o-ring holding it in place.

just use a wood screw just a bit larger than the hole in the part you are trying to remove. screw it into the hole and then just pull it out.

I ran into one of those fixtures only once. Very odd design.

Latest posts

Back