Toilet flange replacement help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon_NC

Reaction score
So I noticed I had water seeping from my toilet base. I figured it needed a new wax seal, so I pulled it up to replace it, but noticed one of the closet bolts was loose. I look at the flange and see it's damaged such that even one of the metal flange repair covers won't keep it down, and... Long story short, I decide the flange needed to be replaced and rashly cut through the pipe with a rotary tool. Now it looks like this:
hUtMEce.jpg

image.jpg

I had to cut into the elbow pipe so that the long straight part is gone and it sits about 2.25" below the top of the floor board. Because it's an elbow, a regular coupling won't fit over it, and I can barely get a flexible one on. I want to get a new flange on it without having to cut through the ceiling below, but I'm stumped as to where to go from here. Any suggestions?

Looks like the bump on the elbow would interfere with any sleeves you would try to put on. You may have to cut off the whole elbow. But I'll defer to the experts on this one.

If you can get under the floor cut the 90 off fat rough back to get a couple glued on and buy a new sweep into a flange. Make sure u glue the fitting and give a little twist while the glue is still wet to make sure you have a perfect seal. Also hold the fitting for 29 seconds sometimes the glue makes the fitting pull out. Wait for glue to dry.

Back