Will this DWV setup work?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Techno101

Reaction score
Kinda new to plumbing. Is this too much venting? Or is it even enough. Residential home, single story, this is the guest bathroom. The kitchen and master bathroom is further down the main line. Sorry the modeling is crude, was having trouble with the circular pipes lol, so some are square but you get the idea. Thank you for help.

image.jpg

So are the branch vents I have drawn going to work? Or are you telling me the 3" vent is too large?

2'' is minimum required for a toilet and 1 1/2'' for a tub

you can run an arm over to your sink from the toilet, as long as it is not over 3'3''

nothing wrong with a 3'' vent, if you have extra 3'' pipe left over, its a good way to burn it up and get rid of it

I'm trying to reduce the number of holes in my roof, so I'm wanting to vent the lavatory, toilet, and tub/shower combo off the 3" vent pipe. So the branch vent from lavatory to 3" vent stack can only be 3'3" in length? Otherwise it would need its own vent??

Last edited:
Gotcha, does the vertical distance of that pipe matter or just the horizontal distance?

Back