Tub and Shower Cold after watering lawn

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonerbrink

Reaction score
I noticed after watering my lawn a lot last night... the water for the shower and tub is lukewarm this morning. I did not use any any other water in my house last night.

Any suggestions on what to look for? I might try checking the temperature of the water in the outside faucet this evening. I think its really unlikely they hooked up the hot line to the faucets outside... but I'm not sure what else it could be. It was about 8 hours from when I stopped watering until shower this morning. This afternoon the water is back to the hot temperature.

Probably a coincidence but more than likely it's your water heater that has stopped working is it gas or electric? Is it leaking?

Gas control valve regulates the Temp on the water heater. If you want to verify your outside faucets are not hooked up to the hot side there should be a shut of valve above your water heater. shut it off and that will shut off all the hot water to the home. you can then turn outside faucets on if water is coming out you know it's hooked up to the cold side not the hot. If that's the case then your temp issue is the gas control valve to the water heater

Gas control valve regulates the Temp on the water heater. If you want to verify your outside faucets are not hooked up to the hot side there should be a shut of valve above your water heater. shut it off and that will shut off all the hot water to the home. you can then turn outside faucets on if water is coming out you know it's hooked up to the cold side not the hot. If that's the case then your temp issue is the gas control valve to the water heater

Very helpful post. I had no idea there was a shutoff valve above the water heater as it was behind the vent. I checked the water and made sure it still worked when the water heater was off. I'll look into the gas control valve. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back