Moen kitchen faucet removal: what next?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banderson510

Reaction score
I'm trying to take it apart to replace/clean o-rings. I've run into something that doesn't look like anything in the DIY videos I'm watching and I don't know how to proceed... there is a... plastic-crown-looking thing.

Any ideas? Thanks!

IMG_20160724_111553.jpg

IMG_20160724_111545.jpg

IMG_20160724_111537.jpg

You are already as far as you need to go. Replace the cartridge in the bottom picture, right hand side. That will solve most problems you might have.

The plastic dome will either thread or pop off, remove the sprayer hose and pull up on the body to expose the o-rings.

I don't think it is a 1225 cartridge. It is moen but newer style cartridge

Fairly new, not overly common yet. Most new ones I have been installing still come with 1225s. The 1255 is mostly in the faucets with the lever on the side, but it's in a few top handles as well.

The black plastic "teeth" are independent of both the chrome and the black inside-threaded tube. I'm trying to fully disassemble so I can clean/lube the o-rings because the faucet has gotten hard to swivel around. Still confused about how to pull apart the remaining items without damaging. I can't find anything that looks like the "teeth" online.

Latest posts

Back