How to keep someone from tampering with a pressure check

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeakyHome

Reaction score
Hi ..... I'm going to be looking at a vacant mobile home in a rural area. It was never hooked up to any water source. I know how to hook up a pressure gage to the outside spigot and pump up the pipes with pressure. I had to do it on the home I'm in now. What I'm wondering is, how do I keep someone from tampering with the gage if you're not there. Do they sell some kind of cover you can lock ? Thanks . . . Alan

Not a reply to your plumbing question, but I can't imagine considering the purchase a place where there is a serious threat of someone tampering with something as simple as a pressure test gauge.

If your concern is the seller or the sales agent, I would not deal with them. If it is outsiders you are concerned about, I would suggest looking in a better section of town!

There's no way to know how honest a seller is especially now - I never thought I'd ever see people (companies) buy up whole mobile home parks so they can flip the homes. This makes affordable housing into unaffordable housing. We're at an all time low when it comes to decency and my social security isn't cutting it.

WOW... That's a huge box for such a small house (just kidding). It might work. Thanks :)

That box thing isn't very secure. Anyone with a screw driver could get into that and you don't build boxes on the side of an mfg home if you don't own it yet. Maybe after the test.

Also you want a donation. I already said "My social security isn't cutting it." It's even worse after heart surgery. Pills Pills Pills

Back