Need Advice with waste vent

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmy23

Reaction score
Greetings and thanks in advance for all help! I'm adding a master bath and at the stage where I need to run the vent through the roof. We live in a 135 year old victorian with a mansard roof. Essentially the outside "walls" of the third floor are exterior roof at about 70 degrees. This floor is finished and so there is about a 4' wide void between the interior walls and the void. To avoid running into the living space, I ran the 2" vent into the void and it has to go out the 70 degree sloped part of the roof.

So I have 2 questions.

1. A recommendation for a quality vent boot that will handle a 70 degree pitch.

2. Running a 2" vent through that slope will require an elongated hole in the roof sheething probably a foot long. To avoid that I was planning 2 45 elbows at the point where it penetrates the sheething. Is there any problem with that approach?

Thank you for all help.

I would .......do a "DAN" LOL

drill 2 holes, then stick the pipe thru the hole on an angle, pull it to a level position

thereby deforming the existing roofing material in a forceful manor

my choice in flashing would be a high boot lead flashing

flood.jpg

If you drill it right it won't be elongated don't follow the pitch put drill bit straight

Is the new bathroom too far from the main vent stack to be able to connect to it somewhere in the attic or inside of a wall? That would negate the need to add more holes in the roof (assuming there is already a vent stack going out through the roof somewhere) but would take more pipe to run.

Latest posts

Back