Garden hose

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinklop

Reaction score
hello all
I have a new giant garden in the back and added some sprinkler in line thinking "wow I would just turn on the hose and bam water my garden" well the first one is great the other are not so good. The pressure in my house is great. I want to add to the pressure for the garden.

It's volume you want and with a garden hose you will have to buy a large diameter one, Most are 5/8 which restricts flow. Get a 3/4" commercial hose and you should be good.

hello all
I have a new giant garden in the back and added some sprinkler in line thinking "wow I would just turn on the hose and bam water my garden" well the first one is great the other are not so good. The pressure in my house is great. I want to add to the pressure for the garden.

if you are handy with tools, and plan on a garden every year.
you can make a pvc trellis that breaks down for storage.

the green line is a hose attached to the trellis
red lines ae threaded adaptors
3 red lines are unions..so you can take it apart
blue lines,,drill holes in pipe to let water on plants
black, is pvc pipe

caps on the bottom, feet

flood.jpg

No matter how large the hose is, sometimes the faucet is too small. I use a ball valve with a pipe to hose connector and I can let out a lot of water through the hose.

They have ball valve hose bibs now. Pretty neat. I use them on my property and they don't restrict like a standard hose bib.

I get them from my supply house, not sure if big box stores have them.

Latest posts

Back