ProPress?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Reaction score
Been thinking of getting a set up. any input on what to get? We mainly work with 1"-3" copper. I have no experience with it at all.

propress is the bomb!!!!

will they let you use it underground ?

never seen a 3'' jaw, bigest i ever pressed was ..i think 2.5

the fittings are more expensive but you save on man hours BIG TIME

this is a fact...by the time you hook up your torch, it is done.

only thing you really need to be carefull of, if you cut the pipe with a band saw, YOU MUST file the end, or a bur will cut the rubber o ring

you can save big time on man hours till you get to around 1'' , then the cost of fittings starts to over ride the savings

but for big stuff, cant beat it, do not get the battery operated, get the plug in, save the battery hassle thing

ridgid propress machine

Last edited:
Used a ton of it at Ford Field in Michigan and it is a time saver. We were schedule 10 stainless mains and pro press off the mains. It was lot less hassle than going to vic then down to sweat. I hate the vic grease all over everything

Used a ton of it at Ford Field in Michigan and it is a time saver. We were schedule 10 stainless mains and pro press off the mains. It was lot less hassle than going to vic then down to sweat. I hate the vic grease all over everything
I AGREE!! HATE vic lube, COW guts and fat

You can tig SS to copper,
TIG torch to electrode negative, used an 1/8" 2% thoride (marked red) electrode and ground the tip at a 1 to 4 ratio and ran 110 AMPS with Argon gas set at 10 CFH. Focus the puddle on the s.s (it is thicker) and will take more heat, form the copper puddle into it. Tack one side, push the joint back together (it will pull apart when the weld cools) and then tack the opposite side.

TIG JOINT NO1.JPG

Latest posts

Back