Help in fixing broken sink pipe please, thank you.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoonlightX

Reaction score
Please can someone give me advice on fixing a busted pipe under my bathroom sink with the sharkbite I bought, I cannot solder yet and need to fix this:
There is a skinny vertical and long copper pipe in my wall that sends the water towards my bathroom sink, another skinny copper pipe was soldered literally into it, that one sends the water to my bathroom faucet up towards the sink. The pipe in the wall burst a hole where the second pipe was connected. If you hold your left index finger up straight and then take your right index finger and put it sideways to the left index finger it would look like a T, that describes it, and describes how the pipes were soldered together. I can cut the part of the pipe that bust and either cap it for now just so I can run my water or if someone tells me the right sharkbite fixtures to get maybe I can fix this totally. I did buy a dremmel tool kit and a deburrer but only have one shakbite end cap. There must be a sharkbite fixture to reconnect the faucet pipe. I can cut the pipe where the hole is and reconnect that pipe with a sharkbite fixture that possibly has a ‘t’ connector to attach to the other pipe. Please can I have advice, other than hire someone, I cant. Someone’s expertise will be greatly appreciated thank you.

Last edited:
Thank you for your advice Mr. David. I thought this was a professional serious site. I guess I was wrong.

you asked for a quick fix. Mr david gave you one

you also said you did not have the knowledge to fix it correctly or the financial means to have it fix

Mr David gave you an answer that will work, but is not good enough for you.

so you come back with a snide remark.

what are you after? someone to come do it for you?

this is a DIY site, go buy some tools and lean how to use them

Back