Replace shower valve or not??

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neverknows

Reaction score
Had a shower pan leak issue so having to redo master shower/bathroom. Shower currently has two Moentrol shower valves, approximately 18 years old. Haven't had any issues to date with them, but wondering if I should just replace them now (since the walls are open - all tile off) or leave them in.

My first thought was to replace - but not having any issues (and unsure of quality in products today) I'm starting to doubt that train of thought......so if it were your shower would you replace the valves or not???

Also, if I do replace, is the Moentrol still a good valve, or are there other valves I should look at? Have to say the whole house has either Moen or Delta products and haven't had any issues to date with any of them (fingers crossed).

Thank you,

Agreed. If it physically looks to be in good shape (no corrosion) then keep it. It's a better unit than most if the junk on the market today. New trim is still easily available.

Thank you SHR Matt30 - here is a picture of one of the valves - the other looks pretty much the same (and is rarely used). They appear okay to me - but if anyone sees issues/concerns let me know please.

Thanks again!

shower valuejpg.jpg

Back