Help with project using PVC??

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcintoshmc

Reaction score
View attachment ImageUploadedByPlumbing Forum1463969178.342449.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByPlumbing Forum1463969190.920249.jpg

Hey guys, I had to replace a few valves, and thought that this would be a good time to add a water line into the garage, so that I could use a pressure washer for my washout booth. I have attached what I have done so far. Once I really started to think about what I needed to do, I started to confuse myself.

In order to connect the water to a pressure washer, you need a hose. Considering this is going to be in the garage, I figured I'd buy a 6ft hose from HD, but now I need to connect the female end of hose to that PVC, and would like to add a quarter turn pvc ball valve as well. I'm not sure what the rules are for connecting metal to plastic, and then I found this fitting View attachment ImageUploadedByPlumbing Forum1463969524.798078.jpg

And since this is cpvc I would need a cpvc to pvc adapter due to different sizes, and if I use this setup, I could just use a brass ball valve, but then I started thinking about connecting stainless steel to brass, and I'm like I think I'm making this too complicated.

Can anyone dumb this down for me?

first thing first,

you need to use one of these, 3/4'' fip x 3/4'' fip drop ear 90

you can , use a 3/4 mip x 3/4 fip drop ear 90 but you need the use a male plastic adapter to make the connection

$(KGrHqVHJCEFJKy9ScGpBSYWsWS0Y!~~60_35.JPG

$_35.JPG

you need to strap that pvc down so that you do not yank it off the wall with the hose

you need to use a male pvc into a brass female strap that puppy down with some 2'' wood screws

Latest posts

Back