air intake for roof tank

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Without air being allowed into the tank to replace the water being used it would be like holding your finger over a straw, no water would run out of the tank.

thanks for the reply, the tank has a lid and it is never air-tight, hence air can enter from it. But i think if its just as you said they would simply put a hole in the tank lid (and not add the air intake to the pipe which is going down)

Is it believable that noone can answer my question?.... lot of experts in the forum, or so it should be...

Is it believable that noone can answer my question?.... lot of experts in the forum, or so it should be...

I think that your question has been answered by the experts before you posted this reply. If you wonder why the "experts" may have left your question without an answer for some time, it may be because you are asking only out of curiosity and are not looking to solve a problem. This would indicate that there is no sense of urgency to reply as most of our "experts" could be busy helping other members with more pressing issues.
The forum members and "experts" are here out of an interest and/or passion for the trade and practice of plumbing. Nobody is paid to be here and help other members and visitors. It is all voluntary and most of us have jobs, families and other interests that we fill our time with as life presents them.
Your post had a hint of sarcasm as well as resentment to it and I felt the need to explain so that you are not left feeling that the forum isn't worthwhile. Most people in the public would see a high value in the information that is provided here for 'free'.

I think that your question has been answered by the experts before you posted this reply. If you wonder why the "experts" may have left your question without an answer for some time, it may be because you are asking only out of curiosity and are not looking to solve a problem. This would indicate that there is no sense of urgency to reply as most of our "experts" could be busy helping other members with more pressing issues.
The forum members and "experts" are here out of an interest and/or passion for the trade and practice of plumbing. Nobody is paid to be here and help other members and visitors. It is all voluntary and most of us have jobs, families and other interests that we fill our time with as life presents them.
Your post had a hint of sarcasm as well as resentment to it and I felt the need to explain so that you are not left feeling that the forum isn't worthwhile. Most people in the public would see a high value in the information that is provided here for 'free'.

Thanks for the reply but for me the question is important and not just out of curiosity (what makes you think so? - if it was not important i wouldn't bother to make a diagram)

Truth be told, I was positive that my simply question would be something too easy for the experts, unfortunately not many experts around, or not willing to help because they have other things to do (as you said). I don't agree with you that my question is too simple and the experts prefer more difficult questions - if this is the case the majority of questions in the forum would be unanswered. But i understand that you felt the need to comment - its obvious that unfortunately the forum fell short of my expectations...

This post, like all post is not just a question by an individual, its also a reference for many other people who happen to search the same question on google, unfortunately for me and whoever will ask the same question it will be unanswered...

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply but for me the question is important and not just out of curiosity (what makes you think so? - if it was not important i wouldn't bother to make a diagram)

Truth be told, I was positive that my simply question would be something too easy for the experts, unfortunately not many experts around, or not willing to help because they have other things to do. Unfortunately the forum fell short of my expectations...

well, sorry we failed you.asshat.jpg

see that door over there? dont let it hit your condescending ass on the way out,

Truth be told, I was positive that my simply question would be something too easy for the experts, unfortunately not many experts around, or not willing to help because they have other things to do (as you said). I don't agree with you that my question is too simple and the experts prefer more difficult questions - if this is the case the majority of questions in the forum would be unanswered. But i understand that you felt the need to comment - its obvious that unfortunately the forum fell short of my expectations...

This post, like all post is not just a question by an individual, its also a reference for many other people who happen to search the same question on google, unfortunately for me and whoever will ask the same question it will be unanswered...

You almost seem like an intelligent person, but you are taking my reply out of context and misquoting me. You are also back pedaling on your previous statements and contradicting yourself. Your fabrication of how much larger in scope your question was, after the fact, is indicative of a character that is easily offended by truth and mild criticism so you lash out towards what you perceive as an attack on your character and embellish the information to validate your behavior. Your question was answered yet you refuse, still, to acknowledge it. You are exhibiting common traits related to several personality disorders and should pick up a copy of M. Scott Pecks book "The Road Less Traveled" as a guide to building better relationships, recognizing your flaws and improving the possibility of personal growth through acceptance of life's disappointments (hint: disappointment could be a good learning experience).
I'm sure you could easily find a copy available using Google.

It would have probably helped to advise the experts here that you are from Malta. This forum is primarily from folks from the United States, but we will help anyone who has a problem. I personally have never seen a water tank such as the one in your drawing.

You almost seem like an intelligent person, but you are taking my reply out of context and misquoting me. You are also back pedaling on your previous statements and contradicting yourself. Your fabrication of how much larger in scope your question was, after the fact, is indicative of a character that is easily offended by truth and mild criticism so you lash out towards what you perceive as an attack on your character and embellish the information to validate your behavior. Your question was answered yet you refuse, still, to acknowledge it. You are exhibiting common traits related to several personality disorders and should pick up a copy of M. Scott Pecks book "The Road Less Traveled" as a guide to building better relationships, recognizing your flaws and improving the possibility of personal growth through acceptance of life's disappointments (hint: disappointment could be a good learning experience).

I like that, a high road way of saying KMA , copied, filed, stolen, :D

No need to spend more of your time in replying to my post (other more important questions than mine remember..)

If you cant answer my question (not answered yet even if you claim it is) maybe, just maybe you should spend your time answering questions you can answer and help other people

The thread really adds no value, i would delete it if i was you, and I mean sincerely. The question I asked is as important as i said it is in my country because such setup is used by almost everyone.

Anyways, one favor, kindly delete my account (i cant delete it myself).

The forum fell short of my expectations, noone answered my question, that's the plain truth and that's why you felt the need to reply to me - you are just trying to make it appear that the problem is me and not the forum who felt out of my expectation. thankfully many more forums around, wish me luck in getting an answer over there:)

While im on my way to the psychiatric i will pick up your book, and tell myself that i got my answer even if i didnt, maybe the voices in my head will convince me - haha :D :) just kidding

Last edited:
No need to spend more of your time in replying to my post (other more important questions than mine remember..)

If you cant answer my question (not answered yet even if you claim it is) maybe, just maybe you should spend your time answering questions you can answer and help other people

The thread really adds no value, i would delete it if i was you, and I mean sincerely. The question I asked is as important as i said it is in my country because such setup is used by almost everyone.

Anyways, one favor, kindly delete my account (i cant delete it myself).

The forum fell short of my expectations, noone answered my question, that's the plain truth and that's why you felt the need to reply to me - you are just trying to make it appear that the problem is me and not the forum who felt out of my expectation. thankfully many more forums around, wish me luck in getting an answer over there:)

While im on my way to the psychiatric i will pick up your book, and tell myself that i got my answer even if i didnt, maybe the voices in my head will convince me - haha :D :) just kidding
I'm on it!!

I don't EVER want a Southern Grandma to say "Now. bless his heart!" in relation to me.

That means that she wants my heart ripped out, cooked on a skewer, and fed to her pigs.

Latest posts

Back