Did I Hit A JaCkPoT???

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

disgruntledpostman

Reaction score
Hey guys a Postman here who buys storage lockers for a past time...
Hit one last week in Montreal, Canada...Had over 150+ pounds in new Copper fittings hidden in a huge tote. It consists of : -copper tees -copper elbows -female/male connectors -couplings -equal tees -elbows -reducing couplings ect...ect
Lots of DWV and commercial fittings(not sure what that means lol)...there all brand new...tons of small stuff too...Ive attached a couple pictures Ive found off the internet of what everything looks like....the last one was taken in my backyard and only consists of 1/4 of the total volume of that Tote. I'd really appreciate it if you gentlemen wouldn't mind letting me know if I got something of value here or is it just scrap metal:confused:...again its all brand new stuff.
I payed $375 for the storage unit...am I in the red or is this stuff easily sell-able.
All replies will be well read.
Cheers :cool:

copper.png

copper4.jpg

copper111.jpg

copper 5.jpg

CopperFittings.png

newcopper.JPG

If you are a Plumber, that could be a jackpot. If I was still using copper like I used to, I would buy them if the price was right and they looked new.

really? thanks for the reply...but am I able to sell them ? maybe call some local plumbing companies?
I'd really like to know how to offload this stuff...Im not a plumber btw...but a postman.

and yeah everything is new and shining...so value here?

depends on size of fittings

if you have 2'' , 3'' know where who would buy it.

if you have the time, ebay is a good place to sell them

you can go on ebay and see what others are selling the same thing for

just a tip,,when "reading" a tee you read it by

end x end x middle

as in 3x2x1.5 tee the 1.5 is the middle of the tee

you will get more for it piece by piece than scrap

Looks like a bunch of 2" fittings. Find some underground guys. We use 1" - 3" regularly. Look up pipeline contractors.

I wouldn't call it a jackpot, but it has some value. None of the fittings are hard to come by, and copper is getting used less and less in the plastic generation.

If you sorted everything and made an inventory list it would be easier to sell. Some people may pick and choose....ha never know, somebody may take the whole thing.

As far as a price, when I go to the wholesaler I pay less than $1 for a 1/2" copper elbow, so you will probly end up selling for less than wholesale to interest anyone.

Weigh it. easiest way to unload it is to take to a metal recycler.

1/3 of wholesale price is fair to a contractor and you will still make money.

Latest posts

Back