New Electric Infrared Tankless Water Heater

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gogreentankless

SuperGreen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and saw this thread and wanted to see if maybe I can help in some way...not trying to sell anything here but instead, provide a possible option to your hot water shortage issue with a new product on the market. Our company offers a new green tankless technology for the water heating industry that uses no metal heating elements. As you all know, water heating technology today is over 100 years old and most systems all experience the same issues that uses metal heating elements such as corrosion, deposit build ups, etc..which leads to costly maintenance and energy inefficiency.

We're striving to bring awareness to the end consumer and plumbing community that there's a new, better alternative to water heaters that can reduce water heating costs up to 65% and require no maintenance.

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have. I would love to help in any way I can.

Regards
Troy

Hello Everyone! I'm new to the forum and created this thread in hopes of starting conversation and getting some feedback from folks in the plumbing field and consumers in the market for water heaters. (Please note- this is NOT spam and my intention is NOT to sell anyone on our products. Instead, I sincerely appreciate your honest feedback on our technology and products) Our company offers a new line of Electric Infrared Tankless Water Heaters that uses no metal heating elements and is maintenance free. We offer point of use systems and larger systems for residential and commercial applications.

As you all may know, water heating technology today is over 100 years old and water heaters unfortunately are one of those items most people neglect and don't pay much attention to until there's a problem such as a leak or if they run out of hot water. Most of these issues arise from the lack of routine maintenance that should be performed from flushing/ draining the tanks and replacing of corroded heating elements. However, even with proper maintenance, we still see some of these issues mainly with tanks/ boilers since we will never be able to completely drain the systems of all the deposits, which ultimately leads to corrosion and contaminated water. Running out of hot water is also an incident that occurs occasionally with tanks/ boilers and can be an annoyance. Besides these issues, the tanks/ boilers are inefficient, constantly running throughout the day, even when you're not home in order to maintain the water temp for whenever you need it. An average electric 40-50 gallon boiler for residential applications typically uses dual 4500W heating elements, totaling 9000W or equivalent to leaving on approximately 150 - 60W light bulbs each time you walk out of the house. Now I'm sure that sounds absurd to do so but that's the reality of what's happening.

Our products are designed to help resolve some of the issues we're seeing today with old water heating technology. We use patented far infrared energy coupled with carbon coated quartz tubes as our heating elements which means there's no metal heating elements that ever touch the water. Our systems maintain 99% thermal efficiency, will never require maintenance or replacing of heating elements and can save up to 65% on water heating costs.

You can check out our website for more information. **Once again, this is NOT a message to sell anyone our products.** We are inventors and entrepreneurs developing new innovative products for the water heating industry. The website offers our line of Infrared Tankless water heaters, however, we have other products in development that are scheduled to be released later this year and the following year. We would truly appreciate any feedback from the community and welcome your questions and thoughts.

Sincerely,
Troy

You certainly have our attention now. If I read the above correctly, and sift out the whiz-bang words, is that you have a tankless water heater that uses electricity to heat the water. In California and most other parts of the country, using electricity to heat water is the most expensive way to heat water. What am I missing?

Yes, that's an electric Infrared tankless water heater. California, along with the north east region has the highest electrical costs, next to Hawaii and Alaska.

These systems can save you a bunch on your water heating costs. As you know, the boilers (if you're using one) run constantly and with these systems, you only pay for what you use...basically when you turn on the hot water faucet. I have a really cool app that shows energy consumption real time and could show anyone that would like to see. We can get on Skype and I'll screen share with you guys how it works and do a demo to show you the exact amount of power drawn currently used in my house and you can see the energy consumption as I turn on/ off my faucet.

Right around the corner from you, I am usually in the Otown area every week.

How does your product beat out an electric tankless water heater using resistance elements? Are you claiming increased efficiency, or just claiming a better unit because you don't have the scaling problems that the other unit does?

Hey phishfood, maybe we can grab a bite some time you're in town.

Our products are definitely more efficient than other electric tankless models. Resistance elements lose efficiency through time from their high temp use coupled with the environmental nature of application in water. Heated metals in water applications always cause a chemistry composition for deposit build up and corrosion regardless if it's in a large tank or confined in smaller metal tubes of tankless systems. The efficiency loss is greater when you move into narrower tubes as the metal elements build up deposits which decreases water flow rates and requires elevated and extended energy draws to achieve and sustain water temp settings. Our systems don't have these problems.

John, depends on the model. We have models ranging from 20A to 80A, point of use to commercial applications. If you're referring to the system in the pic, that model is 60A - 14KW

If it takes 60 amps to replace a 40 gal water heater it can be a problem with many residential homes. It in many cases it will require up grading the electrical service.

Here are some pics of heating elements I removed from a few boilers. All of the ones I've ever seen from boilers have scale build up and corrosion like this. This is the stuff also floating around in the water and sitting at the bottom of the tanks.

DSCN0053.jpg

DSCN0055.jpg

IMG_6875 (1).jpg

IMG_6876 (1).jpg

IMG_6879 (1).jpg

IMG_6877 (1).jpg

Last edited:
If it takes 60 amps to replace a 40 gal water heater it can be a problem with many residential homes. It in many cases it will require up grading the electrical service.

This is true for some of the older homes with lower electrical service. I have 125A service to my home and I'm running the 60A model with no issues. I have a 3/ 2.5, full kitchen and laundry room. I did have to run a new 60A breaker and 20' 6/2 NM-B wire to the system.

Our systems also have a modulation feature that only draws the amount of energy needed to heat the water you're using. On average my system has been drawing approximately 9KW for showers and not the max 14KW. This is one of great benefits to using Quartz/ infrared, because of the ability to heat and cool very rapidly. Resistance elements take full power to heat and also takes longer to get the elements up to temp.

Last edited:
I did some minor services on quietside tank-less. federal government sued the company because of some fires and went out of business. A retrofit kit was installed by me and it was in response to the lawsuit. has more ir sensors and so on.

I am always up to trying new technology. I have a feeling these units are quite expensive. It would probably be a better idea to give one of these units to one of us to try out. I am not a Plumber but John and Phish are. Maybe you could talk one of them into giving it a try! Could be some great advertising if the product pans out.

Hey guys, I'd just like to thank all of you that have been communicating with me on this thread and forum and would like to inform you that we no longer will be doing business with or carrying SuperGreen, Inc Infrared tankless water heaters.

Latest posts

Back