Bathroom faucet leak

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeWest

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I know this sounds crazy, but I'm afraid to try to unscrew the round base under the lever to change the seat ring cause I'm not sure if that's the way.

I tried, but if it is the way, its really tight.

If anyone can identify the brand or explain how to disassemble I would appreciate the help. Thanks.

BathfaucetE.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a Moen Monticelllo

Unscrew the lower ball part of handle.
make sure you turn off the water supply to the faucet.

Moen.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. After many attempts to unscrew the bottom piece, both with a rubber locking strap wrench, a channel lock with protective rubber cover over the chrome, and much pondering I said screw it and gave it all I had. I thought I was going to rip the sink off the wall. But I got it loose.

Even with my best efforts, I marred the chrome a little. Then what I thought wouldn't be a challenge was. I couldn't get the damned cartridge out without squeezing the crap out of it.

So pissed off, and not even attempting the other side yet, I went down to Home Depot and bought a new faucet.

This one has a little set screw. And I sprung for one of these [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdT7yZN20OQ"]Ridgid faucet tools.[/ame]

I love gadgets... and this was really a good tool. Made the job much easier.

Some of the earlier version of the Monticello the handle assembly would not come apart very easy due to corrosion. They then made improvements with more plastic so they would come apart easier.

Back