camera inside water?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronenfe

Reaction score
I bought an endoscope from amazon to inspect the washer drain pipe because it overflows when the washer drains the water.

When I reach the water, I can't see anything because the focus is bad.
Any solution to that?

I tried. I was able to dig out a screwdriver and a cheese stick in a package. Now the snake is blocked. And I can't understand why. And why are there water there after 2 meters. It only overflows when the current is strong.

How long is the endoscope? Only a few feet long? you may be unable to manipulate it past the trap. Your obstruction(s) mat be further down the drain or into the main drain line of the house. Some pictures of the drain set up would help, but you probably need to auger the rest of the piping or even vacuum out the trapway with a wet vac. You already removed some rather unusual items, so it's anybody's guess what could be lurking in your pipes.

The endoscope is 12 ft, but it reaches a blockade after 6 ft. The snake also reaches the same blockade, it is just right after the water level there. I only have a regular vacuum cleaner.

You might have to use a better snake or bigger snake and/or keep trying. That far down the pipe I would forget about the vacuum anyways. I was under the impression that you were still in the trap.

I think it is the trap. I don't see any other reason for water to build up there.

I think it is the trap. I don't see any other reason for water to build up there.

Water build up because of a partial blockage.
The camera will lye on the bottom of the pipe in the water.
If you are using a hand snake, then you need to upgrade to a power snake.
is the drain cast iron or plastic. that will make a big difference as well

i poured fresh water and it made the camera able to capture, because the water got clear. i thing the washer drain pipe goes vertically down and merge with a horizontal line that connects also the kitchen sink. It seems that the snake and endoscope have difficulties making the 90 degrees turn.
I think water being constantly in this pipe is the normal behavior.

I think the pipe is plastic. This house was built in 1983. And it looks like plastic in the endoscope.

Thanks. I looked again with the endoscope and it seems there are sharp angles in the way so either the snake or the endoscope cant pass the curves. How can I follow the pipe?

Sometimes I have that problem as well. Just can't get that damn camera to make the turn.
Good job in running clean water.
I do that when I have a lot of loose sand or debri in the line when I'm trying to see something. Don't move the camera. Run the clean water until it clears up.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQcVPflsBUE&feature=youtu.be"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQcVPflsBUE&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

That appears to be a pressure 90, not a drainage 90. I have some cable that I can get through pressure fittings, usually. But it ain't easy, and you run the risk of the cable getting turned back on itself and getting seriously stuck in the drain.

A longer snake can help you remove the clog, your camera will not reach everywhere.

Back