Easiest way to add spray hose to tub?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

letsurf

Reaction score
I have a garden tub with a Delta faucet on it. I'd like to add a spray hose for washing the dog and stuff but not sure the best way to do this. I would add plumbing to the wall and put one there but it's really hard to get to the back side of that wall. Also, it's hard to get under the tub because it's a slab. The faucet is delta, do they make a connection or some adapter where I could just add a spray hose assembly to this fitting?

20160428_215856.jpg

That rough in is specific to Delta, there's nothing that's going to directly connect to that fitting except the tub spout. However, if your spout has an aerator, there are screw on attachments that will allow you to add/remove a hand shower.

That rough in is specific to Delta, there's nothing that's going to directly connect to that fitting except the tub spout. However, if your spout has an aerator, there are screw on attachments that will allow you to add/remove a hand shower.

Do they make one with a valve on it so I can switch from faucet to spray hose?

I have a garden tub with a Delta faucet on it. I'd like to add a spray hose for washing the dog and stuff but not sure the best way to do this. I would add plumbing to the wall and put one there but it's really hard to get to the back side of that wall. Also, it's hard to get under the tub because it's a slab. The faucet is delta, do they make a connection or some adapter where I could just add a spray hose assembly to this fitting?

Do they make one with a valve on it so I can switch from faucet to spray hose?

Peruse this- http://www.homedepot.com/p/Glacier-...511174?fbtLinkClicked=1462123263332|205364227 - and see if it will fit the bill.

That diverter valve is 1/2" npt, designed to go on a shower arm or nipple. It doesn't appear it will work in his application.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the assumption the picture he posted was a rough in of a roman tub faucet?

That is what it appears to me also. If the spout had provision(s) for an aerator, something like what I suggested might be adaptable.

I guess we are looking at it differently and most likely it is my short eyeballs... :eek:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the assumption the picture he posted was a rough in of a roman tub faucet?

Yes it is a Roman Tub Faucet made by Delta. I was hoping there was a delta spray hose version that would just plug right in but sounds like it will be more complicated than that.

I guess I'll have to take the aerator off and match the threads to see if I can find an adapter to get a hose onto it. I could add a valve/spray hose to the aerator part and put a handle mound on the tub possibly. You guys think that is the best option?

Yes it is a Roman Tub Faucet made by Delta. I was hoping there was a delta spray hose version that would just plug right in but sounds like it will be more complicated than that.

I guess I'll have to take the aerator off and match the threads to see if I can find an adapter to get a hose onto it. I could add a valve/spray hose to the aerator part and put a handle mound on the tub possibly. You guys think that is the best option?

Can you post a photo of the spout and indicate whether the aerator is an innie or an outie?

How often are you bathing the dog? Would it be too much to just thread the hose on/off the aerator as needed? Or, if you want this to be a permanent thing, replace the faucet with one with a hand shower

How often are you bathing the dog? Would it be too much to just thread the hose on/off the aerator as needed? Or, if you want this to be a permanent thing, replace the faucet with one with a hand shower

The size is 28mm or 1.1".

I'd rather put something permanent in than mess with threading it off and on. If there is something that I could thread on maybe I could get a valve for it.

The problem is that it's all tiled and there is a small door on the front but can't get up to underneath the faucet. I would have to tear all that tile out and re-do it. The wall behind it leads to a vanity so can't access it that way. If i'm going to tear the tile out I'll probably just make a project out of it and add a shower there =)

Resized_20160505_180251.jpg

The size is 28mm or 1.1".

I'd rather put something permanent in than mess with threading it off and on. If there is something that I could thread on maybe I could get a valve for it.

What about this?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B012BFNCJ2/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

81T2kBGMOJL._SL1500_.jpg

Usually (I believe :rolleyes: ), thread size is 15/16" for a male aerator (a thread and pitch gauge should be in the plumbing aisle at HOME DESPARADO for your use). Included is an aerator style adapter and will enable you to connect a 1/2" shower hose and retain the aerator.

Aerator Thread Gauge.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back