How to cap an "oval", non-round, abs/pvc pipe?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pr1fg2c3

Reaction score
Is there a method or product to cap an oval, non-round pipe? Images attached. Its for the grey water pipes in my RV so there are no water pressure requirements. But i still want it to be sealed well so it's water proof incase my grey water tank "backs up".

The reason it's oval, non-round, is because i had to cut a curved pipe. I could cut it further down, but i'd still need to cap it some how.

Anyway to avoid having to lay new pipes? Thanks for any help!

side.jpg

top.jpg

measured.jpg

yhst-78897632662542_2251_2590629129

they are called,,,jim caps

or, get a coupling, a file,[dremel] a 2x4, some glue, and a hammer

file and forcibly fit the coupling onto the pipe.

then, cap it off with a glue cap

'hit the 2x4 with the hammer,,,so as not to break the plastic'

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advice! I finally just cut it out and put in a new pipe. Travel trailer was a good guess :) See attached. If anyone has a lead on where to buy 1 1/4 abs piping please let me know. Home Depot and Ace near me only carry 1 1/2 and bigger pipe. Thanks!

van.jpg

Nice rig I need something like that. used to have a 1975 F350 motorhome. Pissed me off one day and I sold it. wish I hadn't.

Rollalong and Jeep at River (705x485).jpg

i had a 76 ford 150 with a 460 in it that was bored out 20 thousands, headers, 4 barrel
1/4 cam and dome pistons and dual pipes with glass packs

when i was pulling a trailer,,i could actually watch the gas gauge drop LOL

that SOB would tear the road SLAP up. and get about 2 or 3 mpg....

my neighbor, had a truck with glass packs also.

we would go to work at the same time in the morning,,he would crank his, i would crank mine

and ALL THE neighbors would be at the window.....we would rock the neighborhood

whats the gas milage on that monster, 4 or 5 miles to the gallon ?

I think it was about 7-9 gallons per mile. :D
I mean 7 to 9 miles /G.
Had a 50 gallon tank on it.
Cost me about $0.50 per mile. Didn't matter if it was pulling my jeep or not.
Last trip I had I was going down the mountain with jeep in tow. Tranny line to cooling coil leaked and lost the tranny and no low gear to slow my down hill descent.
My brakes almost failed me by the time I stopped it. Rotors were glowing red hot.

I sold it after that. I don't scare easy but that scared the hell out of me.

i had a 76 ford 150 with a 460 in it that was bored out 20 thousands, headers, 4 barrel
1/4 cam and dome pistons and dual pipes with glass packs

Nice.

this was my camper before the RV.
89 Ford F250 with a 460. When I was pulling my jeep with that, you couldn't tell it was even behind you.
Go up the steep grades at 65+ pulling the jeep.:)
I'd be lucky if I made 30mph with the RV with out the jeep. Same engine.:(

DSC02180.jpg

my poor old truck, I traded it for a 1990 geo storm when i got married, then I drove her old cutlass

I remember getting off work the day after we got that pos storm.

I was driving home, thinking, when I get home, I'll throw those limbs and branch's I trimmed off. in the truck

clean up the yard.

i pulled in the driveway and remembered...I am TRUCKLESS....OMG! what do I do?

I cant haul nothing...six months later, I had another truck, Have had one ever since

Latest posts

Back