Stainless steel toilet flange

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sergio15

Reaction score
HI everyone, the company I work with is designing a new type of toilet flange, we all know that no body wants to deal with a broken toilet flange or installed those repair flanges that don't work. This toilet flange is made out of stainless steel, it will never rust, you will never see that rust around the toilet bolts, it will seat nice on top of your existing flange or you can use it as your original flange. We have tested the product on several toilets and works great!

This is something that would last forever.

Now, we are seeking for the plumbers opinion, do you guys think this is something you would buy?

How much would you or your customers be willing to pay for a toilet flange that would last forever?

Would you rather buy it online or at a retail store like Home Depot or Lowes?

I would appreciate your thoughts!

thanks!
Sergio.

Thanks John and Dave for your inputs, I really appreciate them.

We have seen the one you are mentioning, I think that's the closest one to our design.

However, our design is all stainless steel, the flange area is bigger and it fits under the toilet with no problems, the idea of this design is so in case the concrete or wood floor is damage you would have more area to screw or anchor it, also, this flange would fit on top of the existing classic flange so you won't have to remove your existing broken one.

The idea started when working with some houses close to the beach, the rust gets into the screws so eventually they end up breaking up. Also, we have noticed that sometimes heavy people could end up breaking the existing plastic flanges. With this stainless body, it won't happen.

You will never see that nasty rust coming out of the toilet bolts, since this flange has welded bolts to the flange so you won't have to worry about aligning them and fitting them into the toilet slots.

The project still and progress, but we would love to hear from the experts like you guys, the guys that have to deal with these type of issues.

I really appreciate your time.

Thanks!

"The idea started when working with some houses close to the beach, the rust gets into the screws so eventually they end up breaking up. Also, we have noticed that sometimes heavy people could end up breaking the existing plastic flanges. With this stainless body, it won't happen."
You should post a picture of this flange.
The issues that you mentioned above that the new design are supposed to overcome are installation errors and not design defects.
The rusting of screws that mount the flange are because drywall screws are used instead of stainless steel screws, which are required for my area. Also, if a flange breaks due to a heavy person sitting on it then the flange was not secured at floor level. In my opinion, a poor installation would create the same or similar results even with an all stainless steel flange.

stainlessscrew.jpg

highflange.jpg

Back