valve recommendation needed for high sodium (71mg/L) in water

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donatello

Reaction score
I'm going to have to replace the tankless coil gasket on my Slant/fin Liberty l-30 boiler due to splitting/leaking issue. Looking over the boiler, found valves that have seized as well as my (watts) regulator. My question: what valve and regulator brand or material is recommended for a system prone to corrosion due to minerals in water. I have had a water test in the past if that info is need.

I'm going to have to replace the tankless coil gasket on my Slant/fin Liberty l-30 boiler due to splitting/leaking issue. Looking over the boiler, found valves that have seized as well as my (watts) regulator. My question: what valve and regulator brand or material is recommended for a system prone to corrosion due to minerals in water. I have had a water test in the past if that info is need.

IMO... :D

You need to treat the water before it enters your system. Read info and maybe talk with a professional here- http://www.purewaterproducts.com/

ADDENDUM (Fr)-

Will tankless water heaters work with hard water?

Although many heaters are currently working well without any water treatment, we recommend that homeowners in areas with hard water install a water softener or a Water treatment device like the Product Preservers® Anti-Scale System in the water line before the heater. This should lengthen its lifespan as well as the time between servicing. In areas with exceptionally hard-water conditions, the heat exchanger inside the unit may require periodic flushing by a plumber to remove built-up scale. Keeping the temperature low also helps to prevent scale buildup in severe, hard-water conditions.

TAKAGI- FAQ

Last edited:
Will Tank-Less Water Heaters Work With Hard Water?

Although many heaters are currently working well without any water treatment, we recommend that homeowners in areas with hard water install a water softener or a Water treatment device like the Product Preservers® Anti-Scale System in the water line before the heater. This should lengthen its lifespan as well as the time between servicing. In areas with exceptionally hard-water conditions, the heat exchanger inside the unit may require periodic flushing by a plumber to remove built-up scale. Keeping the temperature low also helps to prevent scale buildup in severe, hard-water conditions.

-Product Preservers® Anti-Scale System-

The Product Preserver Anti-Scale System® provides protection from scale formation on internal and external plumbing surfaces. The Product Preservers® system is a single cartridge based system that must be installed on a cold water line prior to a single water-heating device (water heater or tankless water heater).

Product Preservers® prevents scale by transforming dissolved hardness minerals into harmless, inactive microscopic crystal particles through Template Assisted Crystallization (TAC). These crystals stay suspended in the water and are passed to drain. The system requires very little maintenance, no back-washing, no salt, and no electricity. Typical hardness problems, especially buildup of scale in heating elements, pipes, water heaters, boilers, and on fixtures, are no longer a concern.

Product Preservers® is not a water softener. It does not add chemicals. It is a scale prevention device with proven third party laboratory test data and years of successful commercial, residential, and food service applications.

Product Preservers® is the intelligent scale solution and is a great alternative to water softening (ion-exchange) or scale sequestering devices.

I posted that TAKAGI FAQ description without saying it was most likely calcium that was causing the problem.

Anyone heard of anything good about this type of system? I bought a similar product from a reputable water filter company and it did very little. Of course I have extremely hard water and I was assured... :rolleyes: ... the system was the cat's meow.

I can understand the purpose as softened water lowers water pH and that also attacks the WH.

I see no good in tankless water heaters personally as a hot water recirc system on a tank WH will perform the same (intended) function for a lot less money and effort. Much has to be taken into consideration before installing one.

is the water corrosion on the boiler water side [ closed loop system]

or on the domestic hot water piping ?

if the boiler, you need a chemical pot feeder, for the treatment of the boiler closed loop system

if it is the domestic water piping a house system is in order

Last edited:

is the water corrosion on the boiler water side [ closed loop system]

or on the domestic hot water piping ?

if the boiler, you need a chemical pot feeder, for the treatment of the boiler closed loop system

if it is the domestic water piping a house system is in order

:confused:

How did I get WH from the original post?

KEY WORDS! ...look for key words... and the blue pills... :rolleyes:

Back