3/4" hose big and 3/4" ball valve wrench size

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1j5aooo

Reaction score
Do you know what size wrench I woud need for the 3/4" ball valve and the 3/4 hose bib. Measures around the nut part of aprox 31.25mm (1.23") for ball valve and 27.38 mm for the hose bib, 3/4" itself comes out to 19.05 mm, Second time lost / stolen wrench, of my resuructing my 3/4" febco, of a crecent that appared to fit and I forot the size of the hose bib wrench I was using. Pipe appears to strip and slip, as it has a lot of wear as well as the adjustable.

Last edited:
My good American made adjustable wrenches never give me an issue. One of my favorite is a 15" proto.

Reactions: SHR
th

What size non adjustable wrench Do I need, 12" Trucraft, Boom Adjustable stripped itself and everything else it came into contact w/ light or the dammn "Bib". 14" 1/2-1 1/2" pipe Shick stripped!!!!, (but works w/ electrical tape somewhat looses grip). A lot of plumbers even w/ the American Adjustable Wrench's put all lot wear and strip onto it as well.

Last edited:
What size non adjustable wrench Do I need, 12" Trucraft, Boom Adjustable stripped itself and everything else it came into contact w/ light or the dammn "Bib". 14" 1/2-1 1/2" pipe Shick stripped!!!!, (but works w/ electrical tape somewhat looses grip). A lot of plumbers even w/ the American Adjustable Wrench put all lot wear and strip onto it as well.

You need a minimum of a 15" adjustable wrench (MAX OPENING 2") for most home plumbing needs (IMO).

Buy QUALITY, not off-shore junk. CRAFTSMAN at the least.

Most rounded off hex heads are from using either a set of slip joint pliers or a pipe wrench.

how-to-use-a-wrench.jpg

A man is only as good as his tool... :D

Last edited:
They have Husky at home depot, and Tawiaan brand at Harbour freight. The husky appears to be very heavy and solid as wel. Alittle larger than 15" I believe and some more that were the mini's about 8". I think I'll just stick to my old wrench's and give them a few coating of grip after I clean them up, appears to be for me, after I had cleaned them up, but may opt for a larger size or socket, if I have any more trouble.

Latest posts

Back