Bad pressure in baseboard heat!!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrjefferson75

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I had removed the baseboard in my living room while it was being remodeled.
I think something may have gotten into the onyx heater hose. I connected all the new baseboard and completed the loop. When i try to bleed the air out of the system i get a low flow of water when valve is wide open.

I disconnected the first section of baseboard that i installed in the living room and tried to run the boiler to push out water.

i turned on the thermostat to call the boiler and it does but im not pushing any water out the open connection at the baseboard. Is there a vacum issue that wont let it flow?

Im located in boston

Thanks

I figured it out. The circulator pump was sticking had to tap it a little and water pushed through. There was no Debre in the line.

The device to the right of the automatic pressure reducer (water feed valve) in our photo above is a back-flow preventer that is required in some municipalities. The back-flow preventer makes sure that water from inside the heating boiler cannot flow backwards into the building (and community) water supply. This prevents back-contamination of potable water piping from the boiler should the building water pressure fail.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back