1st Post and question for Fl plumbers

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JH64

Reaction score
Been a full time plumbing contractor since 1983 hold master plumbers lic. in NJ and Philadelphia. I want to get out of NJ and start a business in the Ft Meyers area in the next few years. My question is what do i need to qualify to take the plumbing exam and become licensed. I will be a legal Fl resident. Thanks

if your licenses is current they will let you test for a master. if it is not current >>>IF you are under the same code>>>
in other words, if your master is UPC they wont let you testt for IPC,
I dont see why not, UPC is a stricker code/better.

you have to get a journeymen wait the 2 years to test for master.

best bet, talk to the local inspector and get his opinion,,they love **** like that, breaks up a boring day

if your licenses is current they will let you test for a master. if it is not current >>>IF you are under the same code>>>
in other words, if your master is UPC they wont let you testt for IPC,
I dont see why not, UPC is a stricker code/better.

you have to get a journeymen wait the 2 years to test for master.

best bet, talk to the local inspector and get his opinion,,they love **** like that, breaks up a boring day
Thanks for the reply back. NJ uses the National code, when i went to get my Philadelphia lic , a code by itself they told me i would have to serve as an apprentice first, but after seeing i held a master lic in NJ for 25 years they let me test and i passed. Maybe i should try and call the state and ask them. Thanks again.

Thanks for the reply back. NJ uses the National code, when i went to get my Philadelphia lic , a code by itself they told me i would have to serve as an apprentice first, but after seeing i held a master lic in NJ for 25 years they let me test and i passed. Maybe i should try and call the state and ask them. Thanks again.

different townships, different states, they need a license recognised all ovr the usa

but, wont happen, each town wants their 100 dollar per year per plumber money

I had a state journey men in colorado, went to a small town
that did not recognise the state license.
BUT for $100.00 they gave me a masters, no test, just because I had a state
license.
made no sense, either you do recognise or you dont.
whole thing was the $100.00. they wanted it

Latest posts

Back