roof vent

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

analogman

Reaction score
forgive me but I couldn't find my other vent post:confused:
anyway,I was about to cut away that vent when something occurred to me: if I cut that vent pipe going up through the roof and just "cap" it,whatever goes into the pipe will just sit there (like rainwater maybe?) instead of a simple "cap" maybe I should run that ventpipe down to my "floordrain"? I say this because it appears that the plumber who initially put in that vent put a short piece of pipe to sort of raise the horiz. run of the vent to give it some "pitch" so I'm thinking he may have expected some waper coming down the vent. any comments?

tnx,

drain1.jpg

drain2.jpg

This the one you could not find?

ok guys,this is a different project than the "rear discharge"toilet that you helped me with before,hence a new thread...
anyway,look at the pic,it's the drain for the bar-sink which is now gone,so I don't need the drain anymore. (a doorway will be right where the drain goes into the concrete floor so I've got to really get rid of it) Yes,that bar-sink was the only thing connected to the drain.
so,how should I go about this? I think the drain pipe will have to be capped to keep sewer gasses out of the house. should I plan on chipping some concrete? does the cap need to be glued?

tnx,
Left click on your user name and select other post by you.
or top of screen "My Threads"

Last edited:
Put a cap on the top on the roof

OK. In the spring I'll have my "assistant" (a.k.a. wife) go up there and do that:D I'm disabled and would probably end up sprawled on the ground writhing if I tried to do it myself:)

I found a dead baby bird in my vent with a bunch of rocks from the roof. Do you normally cover vent tubes in some mesh?

Latest posts

Back