C clamp question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ineedplumbinhelp

Reaction score
So long story short... A pipe was cut into in my own and repaired with a rubber covering and c clamp. I have seen many things online saying this is a "temporary" fix and a few sources saying this can be a suitable long term fix. My question is this.... If it is a "temporary" fix, what exactly does temporary mean. A day? A week? A year? 5 years? Any input at all would be helpful.

when I make a temporary repair, It might last a couple hours or several years.
That usually comes with a NO GAURANTEE. When I make a proper repair that comes with a 1 year guarantee. It's all relative.
Nothing is forever.
Pipe?? There's a pretty longgg list of types and application that they are used in. All depends on what , where, how and when this pipe is used.

Should have been more specific. It was a copper pipe in a basement, in a bathroom that is used daily.

get one of these "PROFLEX" look on the band, it will say copperxcopper

vry important you get the right size

not plxcopper or plxpl you can get them at a plumbing supply store

th

Last edited:
Thank you Frodo... It is a water pipe

On a water pipe I would take that thing off, replace with a Sharkbite, a homeowner can handle this.

I encounter all kinds of hacks in the backwoods of GA, when I see one of those on water pipe, and the homeowner needs to save some money. I cut about an inch before and after the whole clamp, and replace with 2 sharkbite couplings and a piece of PEX, you can get everything at home Cheapo for around 20 bucks.

Latest posts

Back