Pex pinch rings too loose?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wendigo

Reaction score
I'm doing some work with 1/2" pex, brass fittings, and the crimp rings that pinch on top, along with the ratcheting apollo tool with the led light. My problem is that when I put the rings on and crimp them they don't feel tight enough, they are movable with just a bit of force. I can't find out how tight the rings are suppose to be or how to make them tighter.can anyone help please?

I didn't think go/no go was for the pinch rings, only the solid rings. I will get pics tonight, thanks.

Yes I'm working with the second pic you posted. I calibrated it correctly, the small 1.2 fits and the other doesn't. Everything seems to be working right and all fittings, pipe, rings are the same sizes. I can clamp the pinch rings and they clamp right, but I can pull the rings off with my fingers after .? Should that be possible?

It's normal to be able to swivel the fitting inside the pipe, but are you moving the ring itself?

Back