What can we do about this?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJA1991

Reaction score
On Wednesday, our basement began to flood. The cap on the ground was knocked off and there is about 6 inches of water down there. The pilot light is off becaise of that. We called a plumber who thought that there was a clog. He contacted people from the city and they discovered that the sewer on our side of town is backed up and it's causing problems for other people. On Thursday the city workers said we should call a plumber to pump out the water and light the pilot light. Our plumber never showed up and said he can't do anything until the sewer is fixed although the people from the city said to drain the water. I really want to call another plumber but my father is reluctant to do so. We can't go any longer without hot water and I'm not sure what to do. Does anyone here have any suggestions? Who is right in this situation?

:confused: Sewer backed up on the other side of town !!:eek:

Small Town??
is the water sewage or storm water.
What happens when you flush your toilets?
Does it show up in the basement?
can you get the cap back into what ever it popped out of to stop incoming water?.
Pump it out!! or wait it out. all depends on how much $ you can afford to spend.

You should can a septic company that offer pumping services and other septic system solution.

Latest posts

Back