Shower issue

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phriar

Reaction score
Hello,
I am having some issues with my shower. It's a 3 faucet shower. Here are my issues:

1) When taking a shower, water comes out of faucet and shower head, with most of the hot water down out of the faucet.

2) I put off fixing this... and over last few months, water is less hot out of shower head

3) Now, we are hardly getting any hot water in our shower.. hot water lasts a minute or 2 and then to cold. even on the bottom faucet.

I have a tankless water heater. And hot water works fine out of all other faucets (kitchen/sinks).

I'm sure the water coming out of both if a diverter issue... but no idea how to fix. I'm think not fixing it over last few months has led to the hot water issues.

Any help suggestions how to fix? Not the most handy guy so need some good instruction/help.

Thanks.
Sean

Hey do you happen to have a water softener ? I'm curious if hard water calcium build up has plugged your valves. Maybe pull out the shower valve and inspect for calcium build up, or even damaged parts. May just need to clean the valves

Hello,

2) I put off fixing this... and over last few months, water is less hot out of shower head

So how can we help?

You need to repair the faucet. could be the washer on the diverter stem has fallen apart and pieces have probably got stuck in the ports inside the valve.
If you're not very handy with tools best call someone who is.

Thanks for responses. I had a plumber come in... faucet issue and hot water issue were not related. New coil fixed the hot water problem and he replaced the diverter and now water flows as it should.

Back