Tub Spout spraying all over

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickJames

Reaction score
My tub spout is spraying all over the back of my tub when turned on. It's spraying from the faucet part when turned on. (Not the back of the spout where it connects to the wall) I've tried to clean the little bit of corrosion out and it didn't help. I just had my house water pressure checked and it's all good. What would be causing the water to spray backwards? Do I need a new spout? This is just a bathtub. I have my shower in another location. They are all Delta Monitor parts but I do not know what series.

From the pictures, it's a little hard to see but the water is spraying backwards onto my tile above my bathtub.

Thanks in advance for all the help!

IMG_20151130_140543872_HDR.jpg

IMG_20151130_140728354.jpg

IMG_20151130_140803932_HDR.jpg

IMG_20151130_140838945_HDR.jpg

IMG_20151130_141723997.jpg

Last edited:
There's an o-ring inside the spout that has now failed. In my experience, it's always been cheaper just to replace the spout, rather than fix it. That copper looks pretty coarse where the set screw sits. Smooth it out with some sand cloth, and be sure to lubricate the o-ring on the new spout before you install it. I also like to bevel the edges of the copper stub out with a file before putting the spout on so the o-ring doesn't get cut during installation.

Back