Utility Sink Question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjvaldez

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Me and my wife are redoing our laundry room. Right now there's only the hot and cold lines for the washer/Dryer and the discharge pipe for the washing machine. Right now we want to add a Utility sink too but kind curious on how to do it with the lines we got.

To make it simple, I was just going to lower the hot and cold lines to fit under the Utility Sink and add some T's for the Utility Faucet and the Washer. But for the Discharge Pipe, could I do a similar thing where I lower it and and fit it for the Undermount sink or would it "Depend" based on the depth of the P-trap in the wall (because its a discharge for the Washing Machine I'm Asumming there is a P-trap in wall).

Also if that be the case, how can I run the discharge for the Washing machine, do I create a T to the Discharge pipe or I've seen people just run the discharge straight into the utility sink, I think it looks tacky, but sounds easier.

U would have to open the wall, cut the trap out and and lower the T-Y, stub out at 16" in the sink , run the plumbing for your sink after the trap , put a T-Y and aim it back towards the wall 90 up make sure it's above the flood lever rim , strap it , go back under the sink and tie the rest in , tailpiece adapter

Latest posts

Back