pipe in my linen closet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carvona

Reaction score
Anyone have an idea what this may be to? It's in a linen closet in the master bath.

14477204646281596846822.jpg

Yes, that's a clean out and you need or replace the plug or use a clean out cover and plug the whole on the center (if you don't your wall will be worse with the water coming out)

It seem to be leaking at the bottom when we put the screw back in.. any idea why this may happen or what they are connected to ?

That is sewer juice. You sure don't want that leaking in your closet. Try removing the cap, and give the threads a good cleaning. Re-install using some vaseline on the threads or if the threads are damaged, you may need to buy a new cap.

Thank you for answering. Now it was showing a drip during the night when we were sleeping and nothing was being used... can this raise our water bill?

Not at all. Again, that is a sewer clean out. You sure want to contain that drip because it is not clean water though.

my bad, i was think the picture was of the floor. it is the wall ...opps

get some yellow #5 rectoseal pipe dope at the hard ware store put some on their LIBERALLY

and buy a different type of plug get one like this cap

so you can put a wrench on it

Back