Help with kitchen sink drain

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petro62

Reaction score
I need help urgently. I made the mistake of trying to check the trap in my kitchen sink when it started to drain very slowly. While trying to remove it I snapped the 90 degree elbow. I have been to all the big box stores in the area and can't find one similar to it. I am attaching a picture to the post (apologies if it is sized poorly). As you can see it takes a 45 from the wall and then attaches to the broken 90 which screws into the trap and then on up to the sink. The only 90 I could find in the stores screws into itself (compression??) instead of into the pieces on each side of it.

Can anyone tell me the name of the 90 degree piece and or where I could find a complete kit like this. I have checked home depot, mendards, true value, ace and I didn't see any with a 45 degree piece. This is 1.5" and I need it to have the chrome look. Thanks in advance

plumbing.jpg

Now I see what you are saying. So I would buy a piece like this and possibly cut the one end a little shorter(because it is going into a 45) and then purchase one of those compression nuts. Does that sound about right?

Awesome thanks for the info. That will really get me out of a bind.

A kitchen sink with an 1 1/4 chrome trap? It looks like it's plumbed as an S trap to boot...no wonder it drains slow.

It is 1.5" and the drawing and picture don't do it full justice. The 45 is parallel to the floor. I put in the new piece suggested here and it works great. Thanks for all the help.

Latest posts

Back