Trap type i.d.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cant believe some of the stuff we see on here.

I often run in to the same stuff in the field. Customers tend to be incredulous when I insist the dangerous stuff needs to be repaired ASAP. They often have a story about why the dangerous stuff is "OK" because so-and-so or a relative did it and they are very handy...

OK...

This is my oldest daughter's home recently purchased (1952 build) and is has many nightmare issues. It is about 100 miles away and I cannot get out there to help much, plus I am old and feeble... :eek:

She had a handyman install a new sink, faucet and DW, and straightened out some of the P-Trap fiasco. But there is still a vent problem I think. There is no sanitary tee and vent pipe behind the wall @ the juncture, only a downturn.

Can this be vented somewhere else or is it illegal (she was complaining earlier of odor with the S-Trap configuration).

(I've all ready explained the DW drain hose to the air gap has to have the loop straightened).

:eek:

Now this brings up another question...

I am thinking ... :confused: ... that a DW discharge hose should have an anti-drain back valve (such as used in a sump pump) to keep excess water pressure (water left in discharge line) off the DW discharge valve when idle and at first discharge to allow a smaller load on the pump... ???

Yes, I haven't much to do... :cool:

ANOTHER REALIZATION-

It is still an S-Trap as configured, correct?

Sink Plumbing _3.jpg

Sink Plumbing _5 Corrected.jpg

Last edited:
It must have never had a vent or the vent was removed sometime prior. RU you also saying the trap arm should be 2" or just the main drain line?

Will an AAV install suffice as the kitchen is getting a tear-out and everything corrected then?

AAV Install _7.jpg

you need to find out why it is not 2'' find the 2'', and tie onto it

Copy!

THANX!
grinning-smiley-004.gif

Latest posts

Back